LubriSanaq® – Sodium Stearyl Fumarate (Ph. Eur/USP-NF)
LubriSanaq® Sodium Stearyl Fumarate is an inert, hydrophilic, tablet lubricant.
LubriSanaq® is a problem solver when other lubricating agents fail to provide tablets of adequate stability, hardness, content uniformity and show difficulties with disintegration and dissolution rates.
LubriSanaq® is used as a lubricant in capsules and tablet formulations at
0.25 – 3.0 % w/w concentrations.
Advantages in comparison with Magnesium Stearate
- Superior tablet hardness at wquivalent compression force
- Lower ejection force at equivalent compression force
- Less impact on disintegration times
- Performance varies less with blending time or lubricant level
- Solves incompatibilities with Magnesium Stearate
Sodium Stearyl Fumarate has a high melting point and is therefore the prefered lubricant for high-speed direct compression.